Bee a Nature Photographer: Join the CFS Pollinator Photography Contest
13 Jun, 2013
In celebration of National Pollinator Week, June 17th – 23rd, Center for Food Safety is inviting all its members to enter the 1st annual Pollinator Photography Competition! The competition is designed to bring attention to the beauty of our pollinating species and recognize the photographic talent of our members.
The winning photographs, which will be featured on CFS’s website, will capture and convey the beauty, diversity, and unique qualities of varying pollinators—including (but not limited to) bees, butterflies, birds, bats and beetles.
Seven winners will be chosen, and each winner will be featured on the CFS website for 1 day during National Pollinator Week. Winners will also receive a copy of the book CAFO: The Tragedy of Industrial Animal Factories as a thank you. The deadline to submit photos is Sunday June 16th—so make like a bee and get busy! Send us your pollinator photos!
- Photos must be your own original work and not be the work or property of anyone else
- Photos should be horizontal and at least 800 pixels wide by 600 pixels high (higher resolution is fine, too, but no lower)
- All submissions must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission limit is three per person.
- Label each photo file with your name (as you would like it to read on the website), the pollinator you chose to photograph, and the location of where the photograph was taken. Example: JaneDoe_MonarchButterfly_Woodstock_NY
- Submissions will start being selected on June 16th. Photos may be submitted on a rolling basis during pollinator week up until June 22nd, but it is encouraged to submit photos sooner to better your chances of being selected as a winner.
- Please include the postal address you’d like your book shipped to should you be a winner!
- Questions? Email email@example.com or call Center for Food Safety at 202.547.9359
All eligible entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Photographic quality
- Genuineness/authenticity of the content
A panel of CFS staff members will chose the seven photos to be featured during National Pollinator Week. CFS will announce the winners by June 17th and contact the winners via email to let them know which day their photograph will be featured on the CFS website. CFS may also chose to feature the photographs in future pollinator campaign materials. You will be credited for any future use.